CERTIFICATION PROGRAM: SEI Official Introduction to CMMI DEV v1.2 Course
3-5 November 2009
The Ritz Carlton
Why CMMI ?
- CMMI® models are tools that help organizations improve their ability to develop and maintain quality products and services.
- CMMI® models are an integration of best practices from proven discipline-specific process improvement models, including the CMM® for Software, EIA 731, and the Integrated Product Development CMM®.
This 3-day course introduces systems and software engineering managers and practitioners, appraisal team members, and engineering process group (e.g., SEPG, EPG) members to CMMI® fundamental concepts. The program has been updated to be part of Version 1.2 of the CMMI® Product Suite, and was also improved to respond to change requests submitted by students, instructors, and others.
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions. After attending the course, participants will be able to describe the components of CMMI® models and their relationships, discuss the process areas in CMMI® models, and locate relevant information in the model.
This course fulfills a prerequisite requirement for any course requiring an official SEI Introductory CMMI® course.
At the end of the training, participants are expected to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the CMMI® model. Gain a clear understanding of the CMMI® model
- Be familiar with the contents and the structure of CMMI® maturity levels 1 to 5
- Understand potential areas of application and improvement in the organization
- Gain awareness of behavior characteristics of each maturity level Present information that is critical and evaluate in a variety of forms using appropriate professional and academic styles
- Be an Appraisal Team Member Attain an acceptable standard of professional competency in the field of quality
- Achieve personal learning, recognition and certification from the Software Engineering Institute (SEI)
A combination of lectures, exercises and case studies
2. Model-based process improvement
3. Overview of CMMI components
5. Process areas of CMMI models
* Product Development – part 1
* Managing the Project
* Project Organization and Support
* Product Development – part 2
* Organizational Improvement
* Managing Quantitatively (High Maturity)
* Supporting Complex Environments (IPPD)
6. Structure of the continuous and staged representations
7. Next steps and Additional benefits
Who Should Attend
- System and Software Developers/ Managers
- Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) Members
- Quality Assurance Engineers/Managers
- Quality Control Officers
- Quality Management Representative (QMR)
- Quality Auditors
- Trainers and other individuals involved with the Software Process Improvement
cforms contact form by delicious:days