Certified Project Management
25-27 April 2014
Jakarta (Hotel Bintang 4)
09:00 am to 17:00 pm
Including : Sertificate, Materi, Lunch, Snacks.
This workshop will offer an overview and implementation of Project Management. The course is designed is based on the perspective of improving project delivery, which is one metric of a Project Management success; and practically it is an important measure. The industry that have implemented Project Management need to ensure the Project Management is providing expected results, and adding value to the business. This course will provide strategies and tactics to enable process improvement for a currently established project management procedure in the organization executing projects.
The workshop shall provide the capabilities to the participants in determining how best to use the Project Management methodology for organization advantage, and how to develop and use a competency model for project professionals involving in the projects.
Discover methods to implement the typical project management and the specific functions which should be performed as related to project implementation.
Assess the maturity of your project management team and recognize its contribution to professional responsibility in project management.
The workshop is built around a series of consecutive structured lectures, class exercises, and class discussions with the perspectives of project management. The scope of the course includes discussion of the components of the Project Management Knowledge including: Recognize critical characteristics of a PM team to foster organizational success in implementing the projects , prevent runaway projects, conduct a project audit , perform a competency analysis, identify key roles and responsibilities in project implementation, prepare a Project Charter, conduct an project implementation assessment, establish metrics for gauging and monitoring performance, develop a project implementation plan, use the project management best practices to promote professional responsibility as related information technology projects.
At the completion of the course participants shall benefit from the course such as:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Project Management Knowledge a well designed in the project implementation methodology, and effectively shall have the capability to effectively implement the knowledge
- What project management is all about and how to approach it successfully.
- The selection of a project manager and defining the goals of the project.
- The importance of planning, management, team building, and organization.
- The issue of budgeting in project management, including cost budgeting and personnel budgeting.
- The importance of estimating, guessing, and milestones in project scheduling.
- How leadership and communication affect project management.
- How variables and risks should be approached when planning a project
Who should attend
Senior and Middle Project Managers with responsibility for the project execution, and Project Management team including Methodology and Functional Experts, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators. Managers wishing to increase or update their knowledge of project management methodology functions and processes. Others with an interest in improving project management results within their organizations, and who would benefit from an understanding of the project management knowledge as related to project implementation. Direct involvement in a particular project, either as a project manager or as a staff member, then this training becomes a recommended prerequisite.
- The perspectives and overview of Project Management (PM) and PMBOK as Best Practice. This part of the course shall describe the framework of Project Management (PM), and the operational needs of PM such as:
- Increased importance of the PM to organizations, and Definitions of PM
- Categories of PM functions
- To raise ability to apply Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and network development
- To raise ability to apply methodology to obtain such as:
- To train ability to identify potential problems and avoid them using troubleshooting techniques
- To escalate capability to track projects more effectively
- To have proficiency in generating status reports that show top management where budgeting, scheduling and manpower trends are headed Effectively
- To have capability in handling difficult personality clashes cope with tight schedules take on a real leadership role in the department
- Knowledge Areas in Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Defining business requirement
- Defining functional specifications
- Defining test script and application test
- Core Functional Knowledge Area in PMBOK and Facilitating Functions in PMBOK
- The application of Project Management Best Practices to Enhance Project Performance. The subject of the course shall highlight and identify key operational elements in the project management application in the projects implementation such as:
- Describing of each building block in PMBOK
- Establishing critical performance indicators
- Setting a baseline to monitor progress
- Determining views of success
- Establishing success indicators
- Preparing project evaluation structures
- Coping with Runaway project. This part of the course shall describe aspects of runway project and efforts as related to managing runway project such as:
- Definition of a runaway project
- Conducting a project audit
- Preparing and implementing a recovery plan
- Competency Model for Project Management Professionals. This part of the course shall describe on the competencies as required in executing and managing the projects such as:
- The importance of competency
- Methods to categorize project management skills
- Conducting a competency analysis
- Addressing significant issues
- Using the PM guidelines to ensure competency in project management
- Project Management Maturity and the Project Management Knowledge Areas. This part of the course shall describe project management relation with the organization maturity level such as:
- The Definition of maturity
- Differences between mature and immature organizations
- Five maturity levels
- Performing an organizational project management maturity assessment
- Establishing metrics at each maturity level
- Focusing on continuous improvement as related to project management knowledge areas (scope, time, cost, quality, communication, human resources, risk, procurement and integration management)
- The Essential Functions of PM. The subject of the course focus on the critical function of PM as related to project execution such as:
- Project coverage, operational unit, departmental, and universal
- Project-focused functions: augment, mentor, and consult
- Specific areas of direct assistance
- Enterprise-oriented functions: promote, archive, practice, and train
- Specific areas of performance
- Project Management Methodology Implementation. This part of the course provides knowledge and the skills to the participants in implementing the PM, and developing capabilities as related to:
- Motivations, costs, and benefits
- Claims and Contract management
- Assessing the current project management practices
- Project or programs
- Division-level PM
- Enterprise-level PM
- Organizational structures and strategy
- Functional organization
- Project-oriented organization
- Matrix organization
- Use of virtual teams
- Guidelines for successful implementation
- PM implementation plan
- Effective deployment of the PM programs
- Professional Code of Ethics and Responsibility in IT-Project Management. This final part of the course shall provide and enlighten the participants with the standard code-of-conduct of profession as related to PM with the benefits to establish integral professional conducts and focuses on:
- Integrity and professionalism
- Project management knowledge base
- Individual competence enhancement
- Balancing stakeholder interests
- Personal, ethnic, and cultural differences
- Case Studies and Exercises. Case-based discussions will be conducted with topics related to the subjects of training, while for every chapter completed will be followed by comprehensive exercises focusing on the described subjects in the chapters.
- Short Explanation and discussion of theory that is intended to make the refresh (re-freshing );
- Synchronization between the conditions prevailing theory;
- Discuss the issues raised by implementing the theory is accompanied by examples of cases;
- Planning tasks effectively and efficiently based on theory;
- Conduct on- job training in the classroom, as a simulation of the example problems to be addressed.
Setelah mengikuti pelatihan kami, Anda juga dapat menerima sertifikat international dari AAPM (American Academy of Project Management) dengan mengikuti ujian sesuai dengan kompetensi atau bidang yang Anda inginkan khususnya bidang Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology dengan biaya hanya US$ 350,00 per Peserta.
DR. Ir. Fauzi Hasan, MM, MBA
cforms contact form by delicious:days