Development Skills for Secretaries
To help secretaries become who they are to be right now
2-3 April 2013
09.00 – 16.30
Hotel Menara Peninsula, Jakarta
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for those who are in a secretarial or administrative position, and who wish to improve their skills, or those who are about to be appointed to such a position.
About the Program
Successful secretaries often require many of the same skills as senior staff in an organization. Secretaries are the person not only in charge of the organization documents and correspondence, but they are very often the first point of contact for visitors; therefore they must display a highly professional image at all the times. They, not only about the ability to present more professionally, but also some basic management skills that can help the secretary to act optimally, include communication, leadership, handling conflict, and presenting themselves in front of both internal and external customers. This program covers all of these, and more. This workshop contains a refreshing, management principles are important that need to be controlled by secretaries for secretaries who can look as professional and effective.
After completing this practical program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how her role as Secretary contributes to organizational success
- Build an effective work team
- Interact with people in ways which reinforce positive working relationships
- Show concern for excellence
- Enhance their communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage personal emotions
- Manage conflict, difficult situations and people with ease
- Deliver presentations to small groups for maximum effect
- Communicating for Results
- What is communication?
- Body Language, Words, & Tone Of Voice
- Barriers to effective communication
- Listening– the key to communication success
- Questioning For Clarity
- Leadership Skills
- Your leadership style
- Factors that influence leadership in your organization
- Ways in which you can influence your team
- Leadership models
- Self-Presentation Skills
- What is self-presentation?
- How you look
- How you sound
- How you present
- Handling Conflict
- What is conflict
- Finding an appropriate conflict management style
- Dealing with anger in yourself and others
Carlina Agnes Patuwo
Lina is the principal consultant and founder of her own human resource application service provider and consulting business. She coaches human resource practitioners in human resource processes, secretaries and other individuals. She has 32 years’ management, human resources, secretarial, administration, consultancy and training experience and has undertaken various projects and performed a range of services including training delivery, needs analysis and research, and consulting. Lina graduated from Tarakanita Academy in Jakarta with a major in Secretarial Science degree, which then accomplished and gained her knowledge and experience as a Secretary to Managing Director from a pipe manufacturing company in Jakarta in 1982. Her management experience has led her to believe that all personnel within any organization can excel through developing their mental resources, consequently benefiting not only themselves but also the institutions they represent. Among her list of clients are Pfizer Indonesia, Bank CIMB Niaga, United Tractors, Alstom Grid, Kapal Api Global, Rajawali Corpora, Bank Maybank Syariah, Bank BNI, Express Transindo Utama (Express Taxi), KPK, Kementerian Perhubungan, Travira Air, and more.
IDR 3,500,000 per person
Incl. material handout, certificate, and 2x refreshment during coffee breaks
cforms contact form by delicious:days