Effective Supervision: Supervisor Roles and Functions (118th batches)
29-30 Agustus 2013
Hotel Menara Peninsula/Ibis/Shantika/Harris, Jakarta
Sahala P. Sinurat, MSc
He accomplished, after getting a scholarship from Overseas Fellowship Program (World Bank), his master degree in Operations Research from University of Delaware, Newark (US) in 1990.
With a proven record of teaching, training and consulting experiences and exposure to different cultures behind him, as he held several positions at various organizations that include:
- Consultant and Professional Staff to Lembaga PPM
- Training and Development Manager for Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia
- Training and Development Manager for the British American Tobacco (BAT).
Mr Sinurat has more than 8500 hours of teaching in addition to his consulting experience. His client list include PT Phillip Morris Indonesia, PT Jasa Marga, PT Pelindo II, PT Daimler Chrysler, PT Capsugel Indonesia, PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol, PT BAT, PT Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia, PT Coca Cola Bottling Company, PT Amarta Karya, PT Surveyor Indonesia, etc.
The first days on the job as supervisor may be the most critical time for somebody career. Common pitfall is not to provide employees with an appropriate development plan without which the employee does not able to materialize his/her potentiality.
This course is designed to provide prospective or new supervisor with the opportunity to develop general supervisor skills. Specifically the participants are introduced to transition from a worker to a supervisor or team leader, understand his/her functions and roles as supervisor as well as a leader. After the training, we also expect them to have an understanding of the tools needed to be an effective supervisor.
By attending this workshop, participants will
- Avoid common pitfalls of new supervisors
- Understand their roles and functions
- Start thinking ‘like a manager’
- Make the transition from worker to supervisor
- Have a broader knowledge of the management process
- Lead the team successfully
- Motivate subordinate to achieve their full potential
- Give Effective Order, Give Feedback, Appraise and Interact Effectively with subordinates
- Learn from knowledgeable professionals.
- Roles and Functions of A Supervisor
- Workshop Objectives
- Expectation of Participants
- Management Process
- Roles and Functions of a Supervisor/Team Leader
- Managerial Roles.
- Leadership Roles
- Leadership: What and Why It is Important
- Situational Leadership
- Subordinate Development Level
- Leader Roles for Each Subordinate Development Level
- Implementation of the Concept in the Workplace.
- Giving Order
- Giving Order: What and Why It Is Important
- Ten Errors in Giving Order and How to Overcome Each of Them
- Steps in Giving Order Effectively.
- Effective Feed-back
- Feed-back: What and Why It Is Important
- Steps in Giving Feed-back effectively.
- Performance Appraisal
- Purpose and Benefits of Employee Performance Appraisal
- Main Steps in Appraisal Interview and Technique for making it more effective.
- Closing (Summary and Conclusion).
Who Should Attend
- Team Leaders, Prospective or New Supervisors
- Experienced Supervisors who have never been exposed to Effective Supervision
- New Managers.
cforms contact form by delicious:days
Jika jadwal yang Anda cari sudah terselenggara (terlewat). Silahkan hubungi kami untuk permintaan jadwal terbarunya di 0899-812-1246