Root Cause Analysis (RCA) – An Effective Problem Solving Method
26 September – 30 September 2011
10 Oktober – 14 Oktober 2011
14 November – 18 November 2011
12 December – 16 December 2011
Menara BCA Grand Indonesia 50th Floor
Suite 5090 Jl. MH Thamrin NO:1 Jakarta Pusat 10310
Mr. Maaran Krishnan
• 2x Coffee Breaks, Lunch, Mineral Water
• Training Materials
• Goodie Bags
Organizations have problems that plague their operations, reduce profits, and create customer dissatisfaction. Most organizations try to attempt quick fix without even finding what caused the problems in the first place. Root cause analysis (RCA) is a problem solving methods aiming at identifying the root causes of problems or events. It is a methodology for finding and correcting performance problems. The practice of RCA is predicated on the belief that problems are best solved by attempting to correct or eliminate root causes, as opposed to merely addressing the immediately obvious symptoms. By directing corrective measures at root causes, it is hoped that the likelihood of problem recurrence will be minimized. It differs from troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Introduction to RCA and Basic Principles
- Most common RCA Techniques (a short brief)
- Chronic vs. Sporadic Problems
- Improvement (Breakthrough) vs. Troubleshooting
- Addressing Chronic Problems – Breakthrough
- Problem Diagnosis
- Why “Root Cause”?
- Tie to MBF (Management by Fact)
- Addressing Sporadic Problems – Troubleshooting
- To distinguish between chronic vs. sporadic problems.
- To define and determining Problem/Symptoms/Causes/Diagnosis.
- To describe approaches to find root causes of chronic problems.
- To describe the link between Root Cause Analysis and MBF.
- To describe approaches to find root causes of sporadic problems.
Common questions, will be deliberated e.g.,
- How does one determine which situations are candidates for root cause analysis?
- How does one figure out what the root cause is?
- By eliminating the problem and identifying root cause will it improve the organization’s performance.
Several related case study will be discussed and deliberated. Will look at ways on how these cases going to be examined and analyzed and eventually solved using RCA methods.
Will give the participants first hand experience on using the RCA tools to improve.
However, it is recognized that complete prevention of recurrence by a single intervention is not always possible. Thus, RCA is often considered to be an iterative process, and is frequently viewed as a tool of continuous improvement. The challenges of RCA implementation will be the skill and knowledge of the individuals that involve in the processes.
Work Place Safety (WPS)
- What is WPS?
- Why WPS is paramount priority?
- What are the related requirements (International standard)?
- Managing work place safety
- Loss Time Injury
- Accident prevention
- Effective WPS Implementation
- WPS link to sustainability and profitability
Quality Management System (QMS)
- What is QMS?
- Why QMS needed?
- Impact of Effective QMS implementation
- ISO 9001 interpretation
- QMS in depth
- Beyond certification
- QMS impact towards sustainability and profitability
- Internal Quality Auditor
Emergency Planning, Response and Recovery
- What is an emergency?
- What is emergency management?
- Establishing a planning team
- Develop and Implement an emergency plan
- Analyze capabilities and Hazard
- What is vulnerability analysis?
- Understanding vulnerability analysis
- Conduct a vulnerability analysis.
Sanitation and Hygiene is Paramount for Food Handlers
- Understanding sanitation and hygiene practices
- Importance of SH practices
- Development and Implementation proper SH practices
- Storing and handling
- Environmental hygiene
- What is Accidental contaminants
- How to avoid accidental contaminants
- Cleaning, maintenance and personnel hygiene
- What is HACCP
- Why HACCP
- What is Prerequisite Plan
- Understanding 7 principles
- Benefits of HACCP
Selling & Negotiation Skill JADWAL & TEMPAT : Selasa-Rabu, 23-24 Juni 2015 Selasa-Rabu, 28-29 Juli 2015 Selasa-Rabu, 25-26 Agustus 2015 [selanjutnya...]
Compensation & Benefits Strategy (JAKARTA) Jadwal & Tempat : Senin-Selasa, 29-30 Juni 2015 Selasa-Rabu, 4-5 Agustus 2015 Selasa-Rabu, 1-2 [selanjutnya...]
KPI for Employee Performance Management (JAKARTA) Tanggal dan Tempat Selasa-Rabu, 26-27 Mei 2015 (RUNNING) Kamis-Jum’at, 18-19 Juni 2015 [selanjutnya...]
Corporate Law Legal Aspect In Business (JAKARTA) Jadwal & Tempat : Kamis-Jum’at, 28-29 Mei 2015 (RUNNING) Kamis-Jum’at, 4-5 Juni 2015 [selanjutnya...]
Production Planning & Inventory Control (PPIC) JAKARTA JADWAL & TEMPAT : Selasa-Rabu, 28-29 Mei 2015 (RUNNING) Kamis-Jum’at, 18-19 Juni [selanjutnya...]
Bernavigasi dan Menang Atas Krisis Dari Sisi Manajemen (JAKARTA) Leaders Breakfast Meeting Anda mungkin sedang mengalami krisis dalam organisasi atau [selanjutnya...]
Performance Management for Effective Business Culture (JAKARTA) Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang / Amoz Cozy Hotel / Park Hotel, 29-30 June 2015 Fee : Rp. [selanjutnya...]
Powerful Database Analysis And Dashboard Reporting With Excel 2007 & 2010 (JAKARTA) Tanggal Jakarta, 25 May 2015 – 26 May 2015 Tempat Hotel [selanjutnya...]