Support Effective and Efficient Suply Chain in International Business by Implementing the Role of Procurement
March 19th – 24th 2012
August 6th – 11th 2012
The Royal Pacific Hotel and Towers ( **** )
No.33 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Procurement has changed, from a narrow purchasing role, into a multifaceted role including: Integrating relationships; Design; Buying; Planning; Inbound Logistics; Commercial Administration; Supplier Performance Management; and last but not least, managing the process.
The objectives of a world-class procurement organization move far beyond the traditional belief that procurement’s primary role is to obtain goods and services in response to internal needs. To understand how this role is changing, we must understand what purchasing is all about, starting with the primary objectives of a world-class purchasing organization.
This overview course, promoting best procurement practice, and taking each of these eight roles in turn, will show you how to provide a low cost means of providing a highly effective procurement process to really add value to support effective supply chain.
This course will help you to:
- Understand The Changing Role of Procurement in A Globalizing World Economy
- Approach purchasing strategically and proactively (strategic sourcing) rather than responding to the latest crisis
- Establish long term relationships with strategic partners
- Identify categories to improve internal coordination of supply (category management overview)
- Help to design your products & services collaboratively in conjunction with suppliers
- Take a “whole supply chain planning & control view” to improve overall effectiveness
- Operate Lean / Agile: “pull systems” (customer / supplier) to improve responsiveness, conserve cash and reduce working capital
- Make sound Make vs. Buy and outsourcing decisions
- Ensure supplier quality (Introduction to Supplier Quality Management (Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA), self certification)
- Ensure supplier capacity (Introduction to Supplier Capacity Assurance (SCA))
- Use more efficient payment methods
- Understand your buying criteria and required service better
- Better personal time management
- Manage supplier service
- Measures of Performance / reporting
- Transform the purchasing function from a paper chasing, query processing, function into a function which adds real value to the business.
- The Changing Role of Procurement in A Globalizing World Economy
- The use of off-shoring and sourcing from Low Cost Countries
- The impact on procurement practice
- The benefits and risks of international procurement
- The regulatory Framework for International Procurement
- The roles of the WTO and GATT
- The effect on the world trade system
- The use of international standards
- Practicalities of International Procurement
- What are they?
- Why do we need them?
- How can we use them?
- The Culture and Language Issues
- Service Level Agreements
- Modern Trends in Procurement
- Supplier Quality Management (SQA)
- Supplier Capacity Assurance (SCA)
- International Supply Chain Issues
- The use of agents
- Logistics Risk
- Legal Frameworks
- Modes of Transport
- The role of freight forwarders, import brokers, agents, distributors and overseas representative
- Case Studies
Who should attend
Those new to the role of procurement, as well as stakeholders from other business functions which interface with procurement, including, functional managers, accounts, finance, audit and technical staff. It will also be beneficial to supplier staff, Procurement and Logistic Person in Charge, or anyone who wants to expand the knowledge and experience about Procurement and Effective Supply Chain
6 days training
Ir. Pandji A. Ariaz
Currently holds a key position as the Head of the Procurement Division & KKKS Asset Management for BPMIGAS. Before joining the government sector, he was the IDD (Indonesia Deepwater Development) Project Team Leader for Chevron Indonesia
This training using the method of presentation in the understanding of concepts, and exercises / case studies explore techniques in applications. At the end of the session the participants will be directed in making the action plan, to determine a plan that will be applied after returning to the workforce.
US$ 4,800.00 / participant ( exclude residential and acomodation )
- Special Price US$ 4,600.00 / participant ( exclude residential and acomodation ) for minimum 3 participant from the same company
- Special Price US$ 4,200.00 / participant ( exclude residential and acomodation ) for minimum 5 participant from the same company
cforms contact form by delicious:days
Jika jadwal yang Anda cari sudah terselenggara (terlewat). Silahkan hubungi kami untuk permintaan jadwal terbarunya di 0899-812-1246