Completed Staff Work (Yogyakarta)
- 20 – 22 Januari 2015
- 16 – 18 Februari 2015
- 17 – 19 Maret 2015
- 21 – 23 April 2015
Bandung >> IDR 8.500.000,- (Non-Residential) | Minimal kuota 3 peserta
Hotel Berbintang; Sertifikat Training; Training Kit; Modul (Hard Copy + Soft Copy); 1x Lunch dan 2x Coffe Break; Souvenir; Transportasi Antar Jemput (minimal 2 orang dari perusahaan yang sama)
Completed Staff Work is a tool used to provide information to decision makers that will maximize the value of employees to an organization. The methods of completed staff work, which support problem solving and analytical models, are used to truly empower all members of an organization who function in staff role.
The concept of Completed Staff Work is about:
- adding value not cost
- getting it right-first-time
- presenting answers not questions
It encourages professionals to increase their quality of their work and deliver the best output in their organization. This program is designed to provide professionals hands-on practice in implementing completed staff work. They will spend most of their time learning and practicing skills using numerous exercises and real case study analyses along with valuable assignments.
- Define completed staff work
- Use completed staff work to effectively communicate a decision choice
- Apply critical thinking and its characteristics to completed staff work
- Undertand convergent and divergent thinking
- Use the “Plan, Do, Check, Act” model in support of staff work
- Learn Chunking technique for grouping information
- Apply time management & setting priorities
- Use standard problem analysis tools to identify the root cause of a problem
- Complete a quality staff assignment
- What is staff work and who does it ?
- What is the doctrine of Completed Staff Work ?
- The process and standards for Completed Staff Work ?
- 4 Stages in Completed Staff Work
- Advantages to implement Completed Staff Work
- Factors that cause staff not consistent to do Completed Staff Work
- Frame work for analytical thinking
- Convergent and divergent thinking
- “Plan, Do, Check, Act” model
- Chunking technique for grouping information
- Time management & setting priorities
- Problem solving questions
Executive secretaries, administrative assistants and all employees who function in staff role
Presentation; Discussion; Case Study; Evaluation; Pre-Test & Post-Test