HEALTH IMPACT ASSESSMENT (HIA)
The objectives of this course are to provide decision-makers to: identify plausible, potential harms or benefits to health; enumerate the health benefits or adverse consequences of various policy options; analyze disproportionate or unequal harms or benefits to different populations; and modify policy design in more protective, beneficial, or equitable ways. HIA can provide a structure for discussion of issues where health concerns are a source of public controversy and can help generate buy-in for policy implementation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?:
HSE personnels and others responsible for making reasoned judgments on the prospective health impacts of policy decisions, including projects, plans, programs, and policies undertaken by government or the private sector.
TRAINING MATERIAL OUTLINE:
- Review and discuss the value and purpose of HIA as a healthy public policy tool.
- Learn the steps and tasks of a typical HIA.
- Discuss successes and lessons learned from HIA case studies.
- Gain experience in the screening and scoping stages of HIA.
- Understand roles for community members, public agencies, decision-makers and other stakeholders.
- Understand the tasks and goals of the assessment stage in HIA, and about the range of methods that have been used in various HIAs.
- Learn about and apply HIA tools to assess community conditions that promote health, and understand the importance and limitations of applying these tools.
- Learn about the Healthy Development Measurement Tool (HDMT) and gain experience exploring and accessing community health indicators.
- Discuss principles for use of evidence in decision-making and implications for HIA practice.
- Continue to learn about approaches that can be used in the assessment stage of HIA, including forecasting tools and health risk assessment and modeling.
- Understand a general approach to evaluating and utilizing epidemiologic evidence and health risk assessment to predict and quantify health impacts of public policies.
- Through problem solving, understand sources of uncertainty and limitations of evidence.
- Understand a general approach for identifying recommendations and analyzing alternatives and mitigations.
- Discuss principles for ethical use of evidence in decision-making and implications for HIA practice.
- Learn about the communication, monitoring, and evaluation stages of HIA.
- Discuss the opportunities provided by environmental impact assessment for integrated health/social/environmental analysis.
- Collectively explore opportunities to advance HIA in practitioners’ jurisdictions.
- Consider lessons for successful HIA applications including various roles stakeholder and decision-maker buy-in and inter-agency communication.
VENUE : Kagum Group Hotel Bandung (Golden Flower, Banana Inn, Serela, Gino Feruci), Amaroossa Hotel, Noor Hotel, Grand Setiabudi Hotel, dll
TRAINING DURATION : 4 days
TRAINING TIME :
- 23 Nop 2020-26 Nop 2020
- 28 Des 2020-31 Des 2020
INVESTMENT PRICE/PERSON :
- Rp 8.500.000/person (full fare) or
- Rp 8.250.000/person (early bird, payment 1 week before training) or
- Rp 7.950.000/person (if there are 3 persons or more from the same company)
FACILITIES FOR PARTICIPANTS :
- Training Module
- Flash Disk contains training material
- Stationeries: NoteBook and Ballpoint
- Training Photo
- Training room with full AC facilities and multimedia
- Lunch and twice coffeebreak everyday of training
- Qualified instructor
cforms contact form by delicious:days